Saturday, October 17, 2015

TC2M Mod - The Making of Bath: Part 2

I finished painting on the contour lines for the Bath map. I then blurred the lines to make a smoother contour on the TC2M map. Loading it into Landscape Studio in Power Render 5, I now have the general topography for Bath.
The topographic map after it has been blurred to make a smoother terrain when loaded into the 3D map software.
Looking south down the valley where Bath will be. 

The Potomac looking southeast towards where St. Johns Run will be. The Bath Depot will be in this area, with Bath town beyond the ridges. 

These men are on the ridge to the immediate west of where Bath town will be.

So far I think the topography looks OK. I am not sure if the sky is what I want or not and I think the snow came up much to dark, but those are things that can be worked out later. The next step in my process (I assume every map maker does things differently) is to start putting on the main terrain features, like trees, fields, roads, streams, etc.  This is done on the "tga" file, a type of graphic file which will use a different grayscale value to represent each type of terrain feature on the map. 




No comments: