Friday, June 17, 2016

topos for the southeast sector

I am not sure if I will ever get around to doing the TC2M modded maps for the southeast sector. They are low priority, given my doubts that there will be a major action in that area. If there is a skirmish, I may just use a proxy map that is close to the terrain features.

If I do end up making the TC2M maps, I will use these USGS topographic maps:

Cacapon Bridge: It is now called Capon Bridge, but was labeled as Cacapon Bridge on the wartime Hotchkiss map. This is one of the bases of supply for the Confederate forces, with supply lines running back to Winchester.

Edwards Run: The actual run is just to the west of this map, but Cold Stream was once called Edwards Run, named after one of the original land owners in the area.

Parke's Hollow: I had originally misread the Hotchkiss map and labeled this as Parker's Hollow. I have shifted it slightly to pick up more cross roads. It will not be to exact scale, allowing it to cover a larger area.

Blues Gap: This gap at Hanging Rock was the site of a skirmish on January 7th 1862, involving forces that are represented in THE WINTER WAR order of battle.

Hammocks: Had debated whether to leave this out of the campaign map, but I decided to leave it in.

No comments: