Wednesday, June 15, 2016

More Campaign Map Changes Coming....

With Short Gap and Patterson Creek locality maps done, I have shifted my attention to the eastern side of the map. I started working on the Forks of Cacapon locality map last night, but then began to look at the south east section of the campaign map. I wasn't happy with the area around what is currently labeled Parker's Hollow.



































When I zoomed-in on the Hotchkiss map of the area, it is not actually Parker's Hollow, but Parke's Hollow. This corresponds to the area currently called Parks Valley on the USGS topographic map for Cacapon (Capon) Bridge.  I will change the name to Parke's Hollow, but may split the area into two maps: Parke's Hollow and Hanging Rock to its southwest.  Hanging Rock is not to be confused with Hanging Rocks, an area along the south branch. Hanging Rock is a gap in North River Mountain where the Northwest Turnpike passes,  just about where the Pleasant Dale and Parker's Hollow graphics meet in the map section above.

I haven't decided whether or not to keep Hammocks as a long route around Pleasant Dale, or to eliminate it from the campaign map.

No comments: