Sunday, September 13, 2015

Need More Map Pins...

This evening I started placing troops in their opening positions on the large campaign map that I will use to track movements during the simulation. I realize that I need to get some more map pins (different colors and types). I different pins to represent these, with different colors for each army:

  • Infantry Brigade
  • Infantry Regiment
  • Infantry Battalion
  • Infantry Company (detached)
  • Cavalry Regiment
  • Cavalry Battalion
  • Cavalry Company (detached or independent)
  • Artillery Battery
  • Artillery Section or Gun (detached)
  • Militia Brigade
  • Militia Regiment
  • Courier
  • Aide-de-camp / Staff Officer
  • Scout (Spy)
  • Objective Status (Occupation)
  • Objective Status (Railroad / Canal)
Fortunately, I see that there also push pins with pennants on them, which I will probably use for the objectives.

I have place  pins for all of the units currently in the campaign theatre at their starting locations, but would prefer a little more precision. All in all, it is pretty cool and should be interesting to track to movement on the big map.

No comments: