Friday, October 14, 2016

New Creek Depot and other maps - Draft Form

I have started using a USGS topographic map to start drawing out the topographic for the New Creek Depot TC2M modded map. The start of the simulation is starting to draw closer, so I have decided to work on all of the final maps, leaving them in draft form.  I will set the topography, paint on the ground terrain and maybe put in some of the main buildings. I won't lay down the railroads or "dig out" the river on the New Creek Depot, Crespatown, Cumberland, and Fort Van Meter maps. I can then post them as "drafts."

Maps still in draft status will allow players to view the terrain if they are considering advancing onto one of those maps. Skirmishes could be fought on drafts and it would only take a couple of evenings to take a map from draft to final status if there is a battle.

So.... next map up: New Creek Depot (draft status).

No comments: