Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Goodbye Green Flag

When I set up the order of battle file I will use when running TC2M during the simulation, I used a green flag for the 33rd Virginia, a regiment in Garnett's (Stonewall) Brigade. The "sprite" for the file is very nicely done, with the flag labelled as the "Emerald Guards."  The Emerald Guards, however, were only one company in the regiments. I doubt that it was being used as a regimental flag.

I briefly shifted the green flag to the 1st Virginia Battalion (Irish Battalion), which was an Irish unit. I couldn't find any evidence, however, that the 1st VA Battalion ever carried a green flag. So.... I took it out. There will be no green flags in the order of battle file used in the simulation.


A great flag that was well represented as a TC2M sprite, but it will not appear in THE WINTER WAR simulation.

No comments: