Monday, October 17, 2016

Cumberland Map Started

I started on the working draft for the Cumberland TC2M modded map. I wanted to start with Bloomery Gap, but realized there were some challenges with that map. Bloomery should have been simpler, because there is no river or rails, but lining up the steep slopes of the mountains for a smooth transition at the map edges is going to be difficult. I might just leave it with flat sides around the edges (kind of like a map in a box). I doubt there will be much, if any, action all the way in the rear of the lines anyway, but you never know.

Cumberland also has some inherent challenges: a river, canal, mountain, and curving railroad through an urban setting with lots of buildings. I will see how it will go. Like Bloomery Gap, I don't think it is likely to see a large action there, but it is possible.

No comments: