Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Campaign Theatre Work

I did a little work on the campaign theatre over the weekend, basically checking the locality maps and comparing them against each other and the campaign map for continuity errors. I found a few road names that need to be changed.

I have also been putting together a distance guide. Instead of trying to get the distances between towns and villages with calipers and the scale on the Hotchkiss Map, I am using Google Maps. Where road that were represented on the Hotchkiss Map no longer exist, I am using the Hotchkiss Scale to estimate the distance. Otherwise, Google Maps provides distances between most points that appear to correspond closely to the Hotchkiss Map. Most of the distances on the final WINTER WAR road/distance guide will be within 0.5 miles of the actual distance.

No comments: