Monday, May 8, 2017

Flintstone Started, Campaign Map Additional Contemplated

Last night I started work on the Flintstone map. It will be a proxy map (using another maps topography) and will vaguely resemble the area around Flintstone MD.  As I started work on it, I noticed that I probably positioned Flintstone too far to the west. That section of the campaign map (north of the Potomac) is not very accurate. Part of this relates to the Hotchkiss Map that was used as the starting point. I think his map was probably not intended to be an accurate representation of parts of Maryland, with the focus being around Romney and the Valley.

I am tempted to make to minor changes to the campaign map.  I will probably run a tertiary road from Okonoko to Flintstone. It will join with the road from Old Town, MD and I will represent that junction with a fictional map.  I also want to add a Toll House at the junction of the Cacapon and North Branch Turnpike and National Road (west of Cumberland).

No comments: