Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Changing the OOB

I have been looking at the orders of battle and will be making some changes to the Federal order of battle. Originally, I had put newly arriving regiments from Ohio (29th, 62nd, 66th, and 67th) as unassigned. I have decided to assign them to their historical brigades for the period. 

I am also looking at the 3rd Maryland Potomac Home Brigade. There are indications (Dyer's Compendium and others) that the unit was assigned to Lander's Division in January 1862, but I have not been able to identify the brigade to which it was assigned. I will keep it as an unassigned unit. It also appears that the unit was still formation and was only at battalion strength during the period and that field officers had not yet been assigned. It will likely appear as a battalion under command of a captain for the simulation.

No comments: